Sunday, September 23, 2018

I painted something!



I thought I'd forgotten how. To make a long story short, I wasn't feeling well for many months, I just focused on making it through work, then came home and laid on the couch. Even when I started feeling better, I'd somehow lost the habit and the confidence to go into my studio and create. And when I thought about it, I had no idea what I would even want to create, where to begin. I just kept putting it off.  

But my sister, who loves the ocean so much, and her husband recently got a used motor home so that they can go camping at the ocean, and I wanted to make her a "trailer-warming" gift for it, so I finally had the motivation I needed to make something. And you know what, I really enjoyed it. All it took was deciding to make something, and just starting. Hopefully I'll start creating more, although I do have some very busy weekends ahead, so I'm not quite sure when.

We did do some camping this summer in the canned ham (otherwise known as Lil Stella), the longest being a week at Big Sur. Such a gorgeous area of the California coast. 





There's a waterfall falling directly onto this beach, it's kind of hidden in the shade. It's just stunning in person, I didn't touch the colors in this pic at all.




Okay, now I'm off to decorate for Halloween, because Hallelujah, it's Fall! It's still warm right now, but Fall is definitely in the air, and there's no time of year I love more...

3 comments:

  1. Well wasn't that worth the wait lol...stunning painting :D ..and the pics of the coast!!! I expected to see Capt'n Jack come running along the beach. Glad your feeling more energised XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I love the serenity of your whale painting and your wonderful photographs.

    Happy Halloween decorating :)

    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos Terri, and I'm so glad to see you are back creating. The whale picture is beautiful and will be perfect for your sister's caravan down by the beach. Sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell, I hope you are on the mend now - it's so debilitating feeling under the weather, it can take such enormous effort just to do simple things.
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very appreciated!