So, first the experiment. I bought a roll of translucent film that has a sticky side and a side with some texture on it, it's a Tim Holtz product (even after swearing off of any new products, I'm so weak). So I created a quick sketch with oil pastels, too quick apparently because her eyes are way off. The first picture below has the film attached to a page in my fabric journal that's covered in plaster and painted with flowers and text. And on the one below it it's just attached to the plain linen page next to it.
I definitely prefer the top one - the flowers underneath distract from the fact that I completely messed up the bottom 3rd. I put some of the backing paper underneath it so I wouldn't get the red pastel all over the linen, and apparently I put the wrong side down because it completely stuck to it, and after much scraping I finally resorted to finger nail polish remover and by that time it was completely messed up, you can see the line where I had it folded back. Lesson definitely learned!
Now, for my surprise. I got my first ever piece of mail art last week. The talented, and hilarious, Chris of parabolic muse is kicking butt in the Index Card a Day challenge that many people are participating in right now. I gushed over one of hers in particular, and lo and behold it arrived in my mailbox - so exciting!
I just love anything with a checked pattern, and combined with the trees and that red sun against the green, I just love it.