Wednesday, October 18, 2017

It may be Halloween in the rest of my house...






But in my studio it's Christmas!




Working to prepare for a show called Noel meant diving into Christmas before my mind was ready to go there, but I started having fun.



  I bore out an old little wood buoy for this one (well, in all honesty I had my husband do it).





Fortunately everything for the show doesn't have to be Christmas themed...



Lastly we went to an event called Pumpkin Nights last night, where you walk through themed displays with thousands of carved pumpkins. Below are some of my favorites:

Huge snake in the Chinese themed area, with hundreds of chinese lanterns made from pumpkins as well


 A Pirates of the Caribbean theme below

I loved the detail of this underwater sea diver


Leaves in the garden themed area


Loved this fox


3 comments:

  1. I love how much you love Halloween :)

    You've been so busy.... it's great to see what you create!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to live in your house!!! *with you obviously lol* and make Halloweeny stuffs all year round. Love the draws with body parts sticking out lol....and all those carved pumpkins!!!! Thank you for sharing your pics, they made me squeee... :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post - the little drawers are adorable and I love the greeny-blue rusty colour of them. I also love the crow and dolls head - spooky but fabulous! I envy you the Halloween celebrations, over here we have a lot less going on but I still like to join in with it. I love your basket of pumpkins and twiggy bits - and I know I've said it before but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your flowers - that white spiky one just does it for me - utterly perfect!
    Hope you have loads of luck at your sale, it's easy to get into Christmas isn't it - I'm flitting between that and Halloween and loving this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very appreciated!