Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Merry Christmas!





As usual I have no art to show - I should change the name of this blog to Life-Rust!  I had foot surgery late in November, and thought I'd get a bunch of art done since I'd be off work unable to do much else - but then it turned out I had to keep my foot elevated above my heart.  I quickly realized that was going to kill my back and accepted being a couch potato.  I did manage to decorate for Christmas before my surgery, so at least I was able to enjoy it while I was down. 

 

I realized as I was packing away Christmas last year that I had developed quite a vintage Christmas tree collection (all but a couple are vintage, anyway), and I thought maybe I should display them all together, so I did that this year, which I've enjoyed. I like my little Reindeer herd as well.


This was my view much of the time that I was recovering...



Or this...



Between having my Mom with me to keep me company and spoil me, and having my puppy snuggling on me most of the time, I have to say it was a pretty pleasant recovery, considering!  I mean what's a little pain compared to that!

Here's hoping all of you have a wonderful and safe Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Your mantle is beautiful, but I'm afraid your puppy dog steals the show. Those photos are so cute!
    Merry Christmas
    Connie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terri, I hope you had a lovely Christmas. Your decorations are gorgeous - those little vintage trees are lovely and look so good grouped together. I love the pics of the puppy dog - how adorable he is, and getting big too. I hope your foot is fully mended now and not giving you any trouble and I hope you manage to fit some arty time in soon.
    Happy New Year,
    Diana xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Love it so much 😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also collected a loads of collection for Christmas and Halloween. I am thinking of letting go of them now that I am getting old! Regards, Naomi Black Butterfly

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very appreciated!