Friday, March 30, 2012

Point Reyes


We spent a couple of days at the coast last weekend, and I thought I'd share some pictures, since it's a gorgeous part of the coast. This is at Point Reyes, which is above San Francisco a little ways.  We got so lucky with the weather - the last time we tried to go by the time we got there the fog was so bad we couldn't  see the ocean at all.

These are the stairs we had to go down (and more importantly, back up) to get to the lighthouse. There were over 300 steps, it seemed a whole lot longer coming back up!  It was worth it though, there's just something about lighthouses...



This is a car we saw at a tiny little town we stopped at on the way, I just loved it. And also, because I know everyone is just dying to see pictures of my dogs (indulge me, I don't have kids), here they are at the beach later that day.  They had a blast...





3 comments:

  1. Oh.... your dogs are both so cute!!!!! What are their names? I love the colours of their coats and their ears.... one so pointy and the other large and floppy and oh so sweet!

    That beach looks lovely and so beautifully empty! I like empty beaches :)

    I love lighthouses too.... thats a lot of steps!!! The car is cool.... love the colour

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Claymore.... what an adventure for him! I bet your heart stopped when you realised what had happened. I'm glad he escaped with just the chipped tooth. Sure he still looks just as good :)

    I will let you know about the pan pastels. I forgot to order the tools that go with them so haven't played yet! I hope they come today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great trip - the scenery looks wonderful. Many years ago we drove Scenic Highway 1 from LA to San Francisco, but didn't go further north than that - to say the scenery was breathtaking would be an understatement! You live in a beautiful part of the world. It looks like your area might be a continuation of that route?

    Your dogs are so gorgeous -I love the look on the Basset's face - he looks like he's going to say something very wise and important! What are their names? Do they love going in the sea? -we had a spaniel that simply wouldn't stay dry!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very appreciated!